Google

Father's Day

The Crow

An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45 years old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window.

The father asked his son, " What is this ? "

The son replied , " It is a crow ".

After a few minutes , the father asked his son the 2nd time ," What is this ? "

The son said , " Father , I have just now told you , It's a crow ".

After a little while , the old father again asked his son the 3rd time ,   " What is this ? "

At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the son's tone when he said to his father with a rebuff. " It's a crow , a crow ".

A little after , the father again asked his son the 4th time , " What is this ? "

This time the son shouted at his father , " Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again , although I have told you so many times " IT IS A CROW ". Are you not able to understand this ?"

A little later the father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his son was born. On opening a page , he asked his son to read that page. When the son read it , the following words were written in the diary :-

" Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window.

My son asked me 23 times what it was , and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a crow.

I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again for 23 times.

I did not at all feel irritated I rather felt affection for my innocent child ".

While the little child asked him 23 times " What is this ? ", the father had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the father asked his son the same question just 4 times , the son felt irritated and annoyed.

So....

If your parents attain old age , do not repulse them or look at them as a burden , but speak to them a gracious word , be cool , obedient , humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents. From today say this aloud, " I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me. They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make a person presentable in the society today ".

No comments:

Google